The weather has now started to get worse, which means coats and jumpers are being put on! i am very excited as i love winter clothing but then again its just another reason to shop! Extra thick tights here we come.
While preparing for the winter i have organised my wardrobe as i weren't sure what winter clothing i have. I came across some plain jumpers that i have had for a few years and then had a good idea for a short tutorial!
Recently i brought myself a little felting kit and felted a design onto my jumper. I had a heart shaped cookie cutter that i used for a stencil.
Here is my end result.
its not perfect! but not bad for a first go, im proud of it.
You will need
- Plain jumper (make sure the jumper isn't to thin)
- Felting needle( can find them on ebay for cheap enough)
- Wool ( i got mine from hobby craft but there is plenty on ebay)
- Felting sponge ( any craft store will sell this cheap enough)
- Stencil (i used a cookie cutter)
- Decide where you want the design to be on the jumper. i placed mine in the middle.
- Place the sponge inside the jumper, under where you are going to felt the design.
- Place the stencil in the correct place, then take a small piece of wool and place it inside the stencil (you don't want the wool to be to thick, start off thin until you get used to it.)
- Using your felting needle push down on the felt, filling the stencil. you will feel it hitting the sponge.
- Keep doing this until you are the even coverage you are looking for.
- Once you are finished, pull the jumper gently off the sponge.
- Place a tea towel over the design and use an iron to go over it on both sides.
- Enjoy your new jumper design.
Send me pictures of your designs as i love seeing how different people's ideas are.
xxx Pin It